1) Can I shoot whole potatoes?
No, potato cannons have never been able to shoot whole potatoes. A potato cannon operates on the principle of combustion and requires a perfectly sealed and lubricated barrel. Therefore the potato needs to be the exact size of the inside of the barrel. Since potatoes do not grow to these specs, all potato cannons are designed to be used by shearing off the core of the potato into the end of the barrel. To make this easier, we sharpen our barrels, creating a muzzle knife. If you just drop a small potato in the end of the barrel, you will not obtain the necessary seal to pressurize the chamber and propel the potato.
2) Can I shoot T-shirts, Christmas Lights, Fishing Line, Ham Radio Wire, etc.?.
No. Not only will it not work, but it is also very dangerous. Potatoes only, please.
PAYMENT & CHECKOUT INFORMATION
1) What payment methods do you accept?
Credit Cards Accepted:
- American Express
- Diner's Club
Other Forms of Payment:
- Apple Pay
Important Payment Information:
For your security, your billing name and address must match that of the credit card used for payment. We reserve the right to cancel any order that does not meet this criteria.
2) Is your site secure? Will my personal information be safe?
We use the industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to keep your order information secure.
We take great pride in keeping your personal information safe and secure. The Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology encrypts the information you send us when you place your order. The information is encrypted on your computer, sent through the Internet as jumbled code, and decoded on our secure server. It cannot be read in transit.
To ensure that your order is being placed on a Secure Socket Layer, there are several visual clues displayed by your browser.
- During the checkout process you will notice the "http" in your browser's URL location will change to "https".
- Your browser will display a closed lock in the bottom left or right corner of the window, depending on which browser you are using.
In addition, we will not divulge any information we receive from customers to anyone else. We will not rent, sell or give your name, credit card information or purchase history to any other company, agency or individual.
SHIPPING, TRACKING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
1) What shipping methods do you use?
The majority of our orders are shipped Priority Mail through the United States Post Office. Larger orders will be shipped through UPS Ground Mail.
2) How much does shipping cost?
Shipping charges are based on weight and totals can be viewed both in the shopping cart and throughout the checkout process. We keep our shipping charges and transit times low by utilizing USPS Priority Mail, which is cheaper than UPS & FedEx pricing for small packages, and they deliver anywhere in the U.S. in 2-3 business days.
3) How quickly will my order ship?
The majority of our orders ship within 24 business hours. If you have a lead time question about a specific order, please contact us using the form on the Contact Us page.
4) What countries do you ship to? How much does international shipping cost?
We ship to most countries worldwide. International orders may be placed right on the website. The shipping amount shown in the Shopping Cart and initially on the Checkout page will reflect domestic U.S. rates, but once you enter your shipping information, including your country, the shipping rates will refresh and show the updated international rate for your location.
5) How long does it take to receive a shipment?
The majority of our orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail and take only 2-3 business days for delivery anywhere in the US, and 6-10 business days for delivery worldwide (actual number of days may vary based on customs delays).
6) How can I track my order?
To track the status of your order, please login to your account and click on your order. You will also receive an email with tracking links once your order ships.
7) My order never arrived. I think it is lost. What do I do now?
To report a lost package, please follow these steps:
- Follow the instructions for tracking your package listed in FAQ #8.
- If the package does not show delivered and it has been in transit for more than 7 business days for US orders and 11 days for international orders, please contact us using the form on the Contact Us page to report the lost package to customer service.
- If the package shows delivered, but you did not receive it, please follow these instructions:
- Check all delivery locations - mailboxes, doors, porches, patios, garage doors, etc.
- Ask everyone in your home to make sure they did not receive the package, but forget to tell you. You wouldn't believe how often this happens.
- Make sure there is not a post office delivery slip in your mailbox or FedEx or UPS notice on one of your doors. Ask everyone in your home to make sure they did not receive one of these delivery notices and forget to tell you.
- Print the tracking detail information off the shipping carrier's website and show it to your delivery carrier. Tell them you did not receive the package and ask them to help you track down the package.
1) Do you have a money back guarantee?
Quarter Mile Cannons is proud to offer a 30-day Money Back Guarantee. To qualify for the guarantee:
- You must submit your return request within 30 days from the original order date.
- The item must never have been opened and must have all original product packaging materials.
2) How can I return my order?
If your order meets the return criteria listed in FAQ #10, please contact us using the form on the Contact Us page to obtain return instructions.
3) My item is damaged. How can I get a replacement?
To report a damaged item, please contact us using the form on the Contact Us page
1) How do I create an account?
Please click on Create an Account.
2) How do I log in to my account?
Please click on Login to My Account.
3) I forgot my log in and/or password. How can I get this information?
For your security, we do not send login and password information via email. To reset your password please visit the My Account page, click on the "Forgot Your Password?" link, enter your email address and click Submit. This will send you an email with a link to reset your password.